We very much appreciate the many companies, universities, agencies, nonprofits, libraries and individuals that regularly donate computers and other gear to us.
If we have a Chapter near you, you can arrange a drop off time for you to donate computers. Some Chapters have volunteers who can make pick-ups of 8 full sets of computers or more. We appreciate a financial donation if we are making a pick-up.
No Chapter nearby? You can donate computers via mail to: World Computer Exchange, 936 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts 02045 and we will send you a tax receipt.
If you are going donate a large number of computers, contact [email protected] and we will try to make arrangements to get your donation and provide you with tax receipts in Canada or the USA.
Gear we can use – working only please
- Computers: Working Duo Core and i Series desktops and laptops (with their power adapters) and tablets
- Monitors: flat screens only 17¨, 19¨, and 21¨ only
- USB Keyboards with wires: English, French, and Spanish
- USB Mice with wires, cables and power cords
- Scanners with cables and software
- Network gear: working network switches, routers, and hubs
- EtherNet cards and cable
- Digital projectors and digital microscopes for school computer labs
- Webcams, digital cameras, and camcorders
- Microphones and earphones
- Extra RAM (minimum 2 gigs)
- Recent internal and external DVD drives
- Extra Hard Drives for laptops or desktops (above 80 gigs)
- USB thumb drives and USB hub/multi ports
- UPSes (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) with working batteries only
- Graphing calculators
- Working and nonworking cell phones with their adapters to our Boston Chapter
Our Boston Chapter is our only one that accepts Mac iPhones, cell phones tablets, and laptops that are under 6 years old at 936 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts 02045
How to tell if your computer is a Duo Core or above
Usually there is a small sticker on the right front of your computer toward the bottom of the face of your computer that says “Core Duo” or “Dual Core”. Processors that followed the Dual Core are also great. These include in the Intel Family: Core 2 QuadCore, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7. In the AMD family they include: AMD 64bit, AMD Athlon 64 and 64 x2, AMD Phenon, AMD A4, A6,A8 and A 10. If you are unsure, please contact the local Chapter with the make and model
If you have a computer or equipment that is not on our list and you cannot find another home for it, please dispose of it properly rather than place it in the trash.
Many municipalities now have computer recycling programs that recover valuable metals keeps the many toxic metals and other parts out of landfills. There is often a small charge for proper disposal. Contact your local recycling coordinator or Department of Public Works for more information on recycling.